Catching Fireflies Retreats and Bus Trips
A note from Trisha: Many of you know that my next goal here at Firefly Farm is to build a retreat house. Because of the recent pandemic, we (myself, my husband, and our builder) have decided to pause this huge project while we wait to see how the economy sorts itself out over the next few months. I love hosting Catching Fireflies Retreats and hope you're able to continue supporting Firefly Farm by attending the Fall Retreats off site.Thanks for continuing this journey with me!
Before opening registration for the Fall Retreats, we are waiting another month to see where COVID-19 guidelines are about group activities. At this time, we can share the following details:
Hampton Inn Hotel | Rochester
September 4th thru 6th (Thursday and Monday (Labor Day) add-on available).
September 11th thru 13th (Thursday add-on available).
- We will be hosting 2 retreats at the Hampton Inn in Rochester. We were very happy here during our first 4 fall retreats of 2019. The only changes we are making is that the weekends we have chosen will not coincide with a large number of sport groups also using the hotel. We will also limit the retreat to 24 guests (we had 25 to 26 in 2019).
- Room Block will be available.
- Less than 15 minutes from Firefly Farm.
- If you are not planning on staying at the hotel during your retreat, please consider attending the Wood Lake Meeting Center retreat in October.
Wood Lake Meeting Center | Rochester
October 9th thru 11th (Thursday add-on available).
- We will be hosting 1 retreat at Wood Lake Meeting Center. We are really excited about this meeting space and it can easily accommodate 45 crafters (with plenty of table space, floor space, and outlets).
- Wood Lake Meeting Center (210 Wood Lake Drive SE) is conveniently located 30 minutes south of Firefly Farm.
- Room block will be available at the Country Inn and Suites South which is 1 block from the meeting center.
- Registration will open later this spring. Farm Girls AND guests that were registered for a Camp DoYouWannaCraft Retreat (the retreats that had to be cancelled) will have priority registration.
- Because of the uncertainty of the COVID-19 pandemic, our cancellation policy for the fall 2020 retreats will be the following: Deposit to hold your spot will be $50. If we need to cancel the retreat, guest will have a $50 store credit.
- If you have a credit from a cancelled retreat, you may use it to hold your next retreat spot.
- In the event that these 3 dates sell out, we will most likely offer a 4th option at the Hampton Inn on the October 3rd weekend.
Hosted Tours to Magnolia Market in 2020!
We'd love for you to join us for our 2020 Bus Tour Experience to Waco, Texas (with stops in Oklahoma City and The Pioneer Woman Mercantile)!
- (Our 5th Trip) September 16th thru 20th, 2020
After hosting 4 bus tours to Magnolia Market and The Pioneer Woman Mercantile (with memorable visits to the Oklahoma National Museum/Memorial), we have created an itinerary from our prior experiences that our guests love! We have perfectly timed stops to break up our drive, while getting us to our featured stops with plenty of time to explore. Our coach bus is extremely comfortable and helps make the drive a trip to remember.
Our tour leaves from Firefly Farm near Pine Island, Minnesota (15 minutes north of Rochester). We also have an optional pick up in Albert Lea.